Jobs at Flipside
We're a small group of hard working professionals and we're always looking for like-minded people to join our team.
Flipside is a great place for smart people who know how to get things done while having a ton of fun at the same time. Here is what we're looking for:
- [+] DBA / System Admin
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and manage entire IT Infrastructure (Windows/Linux OS, Database Servers, SAN, DNS, VMware, LAN/VLAN etc.), database & reporting infrastructure, with the ability to anticipate potential problems, make recommendations, and implement solutions with regard to high-availability and scalability.
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot and resolve hardware, backup, storage, and operating system related issues.
- Should display strong leadership skills, sense of ownership, desire to build & deliver with urgency
- 5+ years of work experience working with very large databases using SQL Server, SAN (preferably Netapp), Windows, Linux & DNS.
- Working knowledge of the Windows and Unix/Linux operating systems including installation from scratch, periodic updates & troubleshooting.
- Basic knowledge of Web Servers (IIS & Apache), Application Servers, Networking, DNS and Active Directories
- Must be very familiar with DBA activities such as such as SQL Backups, Restores, Replication, Patching, normal Database Maintenance tasks such as bringing databases online after downtimes, clearing blocking, performing database consistency checks, performance monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting.
- Proactively monitor the Performance of SQL Server databases and space utilization for all SQL servers
- Design and Implement monitoring, auditing and alert systems for SQL databases
- Must be familiar with SAN (Preferably Net App), iSCSI, MS SQL Clustering and the administration of SQL clusters.
- Strong SQL skills including excellent query optimization skills and a deep knowledge of query plans
- Should have actively used tools like SQL Server Profiler, SQL Server Agent, setup operator's alerts and Database Engine Tuning Advisor
- Experience in writing TSQL, triggers, stored procedures, functions and other SQL scripting, create indexing scripts, rebuild or reorganize indexes and optimized tables.
- Working experience in SSIS, SSAS and SSRS technologies on SQL Server and their best practices
- Be able to manage all SSIS packages, daily SQL Jobs, ETL tools & Reporting - Support day to day activities
- [+] Web Developer
You should be a talented and experienced frontend developer with expertise in web UI and AJAX-based interactive application development. You should have a solid background in the fundamentals of software development, and have a deep understanding of best practices in various languages/technologies. You should love creating things and take great personal pride in building beautiful and functional user interfaces.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve any usability issues
- Develop, and integrate 3rd party API tools
- Create architecture that integrates the presentation layer with back-end solutions
- Experience building AJAX or API driven sites
- Bachelor Degree & 5+ years of full-time front-end web development experience
- Experience developing with JQuery
- Familiarity working with visual design applications like Adobe CS production suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies and building compelling web applications and UI
- Must be a self-starter and motivated
- Jr. Marketing Manager
We offer competitive benefits and salaries. Even better, we try to work in a low key atmosphere and avoid florescent lights as much as possible. The best part about ethos as Flipside is that if you have a great idea, you're expected to run with it. We're here to work hard and make a living, but we're also here to grow as individuals and take risks and have fun while doing so.